Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello everyone,

 

Firstly I should say they I have never implemented VLANs on a production network before but I have the theory knowledge behind them having studied CCNA3.

 

We have been looking into VLANning our network and was wondering what the best methodology of doing it is. We are firstly going to tidy the switch cabinets and use different coloured patch leads to identify what is on what VLAN.

 

This is such a noob question:- What is the next thing we should start with next?

 

Finally, I have seen switches online that are L2+ and they state that they can do static routing between VLANs.

 

Does anyone have any experience with these and if so how would you rate them?

 

Many thanks in advance.

 

J_Worth.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using EduGeek

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...