PJMD Posted February 16, 2014 Posted February 16, 2014 (edited) I recently bought an Acer T272HLB touch screen monitor with a view to developing SMART Notebook lessons at my desk rather than hogging a whole classroom! I've had issues with the pen not drawing when using touch, it goes into select mode straight away. I am not sure where the issue lies: the monitor driver, Windows 8.1 touch settings or SMART Notebook: The Acer driver is up to date and has no specific settings for Smartboards. I have calibrated the touch screen with Windows 8.1 pen and touch settings, which has nothing specific that I can see to cause what I am getting. I thought it might be Smart Notebook software as the Connection Wizard does not detect anything and only looks for SMART products! I asked SMART to help and they directed me to the latest collaborative software (V11.4) that I have installed but it has made no difference. Is there a setting to get it to identify something other than a SMART product .... can't seem to get around the Connection Wizard! Any advice much appreciated. Edited February 16, 2014 by PJMD
free780 Posted February 16, 2014 Posted February 16, 2014 Well the drivers will only support smart hardware.
PJMD Posted February 16, 2014 Author Posted February 16, 2014 I thought I had read a thread that there are drivers in the collaborative software for non-SMART products?
PJMD Posted March 1, 2014 Author Posted March 1, 2014 I did a bit of fault finding this afternoon and I think I have found the problem. There could be 2 issues with the Notebook software: A. I think there is an issue with the default setting for the sidebar pen, which can be cleared by selecting the pen through the full screen toolbar. B. There is a confliction between the two toolbars (sidebar and full screen toolbar) where they seem to operate in different ways and cause various problems! I have made a video of the original issue and included how I found the problems with the default setting and toolbar conflictions: Touch Screen Notebook Problem - with Solution - YouTube So, until SMART sort out the issues, the workaround is to select the pen from the Full Screen toolbar first. Hope this helps others with similar issues ....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now