z_matt Posted February 10, 2014 Posted February 10, 2014 We have a small amount of W8 tablets (Acer Iconia W7's) for our SEN department and they have been successfully connected to the domain and appropriate programs added. When staff login to the tablets they can access programs fine, however when students login all they get is the metro screen with nothing accessible. The metro screen is completely blank, and any kind of search results in nothing. All they can basically do is logout. I'm sure it's something very basic within the policy settings, but unfortunately my server knowledge in general is lacking and I have so far been unable to resolve this. Can anyone please help? Thanks in advance, Matt
z_matt Posted February 10, 2014 Author Posted February 10, 2014 Yes they are, we use redirected start menu's on all of our W7 desktops and laptops
sted Posted February 10, 2014 Posted February 10, 2014 no wmi filters or anything on it so it wont apply to a win8 box?
z_matt Posted February 10, 2014 Author Posted February 10, 2014 no wmi filters or anything on it so it wont apply to a win8 box? I'm not sure, how would I determine this?
sted Posted February 10, 2014 Posted February 10, 2014 I'm not sure, how would I determine this? if you go to group policy manglement console and go to the policy that does your start menu and on scope at the bottom it will say wmi filtering or whatever filter has been applied
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now