Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Apologies if this is somewhere else on here but I can't find it.

 

I have my Office 365 account connected into Outlook 2013 and it works great. However, for some reason I have some other users (students) Inboxes available on the left below mine?? Any ideas why I'm linking to other email accounts?

Posted

I do have access to all student Inboxes for investigation purposes. But its only 2 or 3 names appearing alongside mine in Outlook.

 

Does having permission to other mailboxes cause this behaviour then? Is there a way to prevent it?

Posted
Does having permission to other mailboxes cause this behaviour then? Is there a way to prevent it?

 

Honest answer is that I'm not sure - perhaps Outlook's doing something funky and automatically connecting to those mailboxes. Just a thought :)

 

Try removing your permission from those mailboxes and see if it makes any difference?

Posted

Figured it out :)

 

If you use the web interface to add the Admin user (me) to have permission on their mailbox, then they show up in Outlook.

 

If you add yourself via Powershell (which I did originally - the users I had problems with were recent starters) - then they don't show up :)

 

Powershell command:

 

 Get-Mailbox [email protected] | Add-MailboxPermission -User [email protected] -AccessRights fullaccess -InheritanceType all 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...