FN-GM Posted January 24, 2014 Posted January 24, 2014 (edited) Hi, We have a number of the Wyse X50M Thin Clients in School. But we are having some wireless issues with them all. They are dropping network packets, and the pings are pretty erratic. I have attached some results I get when I ping them from a Windows workstation. As a comparison I also pinged a Dell Latitude E5530 at the same time and attached these results. Both Dell & Wyse are connected to the same wireless network on the same access point. The devices are just a few feet from the Access Point. This issue only seems to happen on our Wyse X50M devices. I have tested a number of devices and they all do the same thing. I have set them to factory defaults with no change. The issue does not happen when you are connected to the RJ45 port. We are streaming a Citrix session with this, so this behaviour is making the experience poor. Its causing lags and making them jitter and loose connection. These issues disappear when connected to the RJ45 port. We are on the latest version of the Suse Linux OS they provide. Our Wireless solution is Ruckus with firmware 9.7. Any thoughts please? ThanksUTF-8'en-us'wyse.txtUTF-8'en-us'latitude.txt Edited January 24, 2014 by FN-GM
FN-GM Posted January 25, 2014 Author Posted January 25, 2014 Hi, I have taken one of these home to look into this more, i am getting similar results connected to my home WIFI. As this happens on 2 separate wireless systems and no other devices have the issue, i think we can rule out the Wireless infrastructure being the issue. Thanks
dmack829 Posted June 25, 2014 Posted June 25, 2014 Hey! I know the post is a few months old but were you able to find a resolution to this issue? We have the same model (X50M's) Wyse laptops and they are having exactly the same issue and it's driving the users crazy
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now