Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

OK, I have problems opening some members of staff's Powerpoint files. The problem relates to OLE embedded pictures that link to webpages which for some reason are down at the moment. The powerpoint takes 20+ minutes to open!

 

In Excel, in the Trust Center there is an option for enabling or disabling access to External Content. This doesn't exist in the other apps!! Anybody know how I can set this to disabled in Powerpoint?

 

Its no good just setting sites to trusted etc as the site isn't working! And therefore can't be contacted anyway!

 

Cheers

  • 6 months later...
Posted

Did you ever resolve this, as I'm having EXACTLY the same issue.

A 2003 PPT with a single slide with 1 picture (from God knows where) shows up as external content, with a URL.

If I cut the picture in 2003, paste into IrfanView, save as PNG, and then re-import it works.

 

Trouble is, some of the slides affected have hundreds of slides on 'em - and life is too sodding short!

 

Any help appreciated!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...