_techie_ Posted January 20, 2014 Posted January 20, 2014 Hi I have VEEAM now in my new job, and I am loving it. I am now getting some SureBackup Jobs setup, and they seem to be passing the "Heartbeat" and "Ping" Tests fine. Its only when I come to do SQL and Mail Servers that I hit issues, and get the Error 10061. On my SQL server that failed the script test, how can I check Port 1433 on TCP/IP is running and configured correctly. Using the VEEAM KB: KB1249: SureBackup SQL Script Verification It says to use netstat -ban and I get a load of information, but nothing comes up as the localhost or IP of my SQL server along with Port 1433.... Slightly confused here trying to get these final details to work! Any help would be great. Thanks, _techie_
randle Posted February 24, 2015 Posted February 24, 2015 Any luck with this in the end? I'm getting the same error for DNS, DC & GC roles. The following article linked off another forum with this same error and suggests that this is related to using VMXNET3 NICs but isn't something I can change in my environment. MAC address changes using the VMXNET3 adapter
_techie_ Posted February 24, 2015 Author Posted February 24, 2015 I think it was the config of my virtual lab and the network side of things IIRC. I rang VEEAM support in the end and they guided me through the creation of the virtual lab, and got it working.
randle Posted February 25, 2015 Posted February 25, 2015 Thanks for getting back to me. Managed to get to the bottom of this in the end. Test B&R Exchange and MS SQL server | view topic Turns out that Windows was pending a restart after installing Windows updates and this was the cause of the failure and error code! Not sure why this would affect running SB scripts but appears to be the case. I’ve run the job again and all has completed successfully.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now