dgsmith Posted December 5, 2013 Posted December 5, 2013 Have noticed recently (and it may have been an issue for some time) that staff who try and use HAP at home on their network laptops (where they have My Documents mapped to N: which in turn is their network drive) can't seem to load HAP. This works fine when they are on site as their My Documents has an active connection. As a test, I disconnected N: whilst in school where it works, to find as expected that HAP then stopped working (pretty much just a blank screen). Users get the username/password area, but as soon as credentials are entered it's just blank. I see no reason why HAP should rely on the local My Documents to point/be conencted somewhere, as it's entirely web based? Can't find what version we have (I thought it would be in a help/about link!), though I haven't upgraded since early/mid this year, so not sure if it's been addressed (or known) since then, or even if it's just unique to us!
nickbro Posted December 5, 2013 Posted December 5, 2013 View the source of the web page it'll say the version near the top. My Documents should rely on the Home Directory path in AD, or however you've set it up
dgsmith Posted December 5, 2013 Author Posted December 5, 2013 Version is 8.4.1114.1700.. so we're a year out.. I guess I should update too when I get the chance! I know how My docs is setup My query was whether this should have any bearing on whether HAP loads up or not? Does HAP need to access the local machine My docs in order to actually work? It just seemed odd it did work when a connection was established but didn't when the connection wasn't there. Ideally, it would work regardless whether My Docs was accessible or not, though it seems not always to be the case for us.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now