rickypike Posted December 4, 2013 Posted December 4, 2013 Hi all I have recently deployed Office 365 at our secondary school. A member of the SLT doesn't want students to be able to search the global address book as they can find the full name of a teacher and email them. (I personally thought that would be useful). Does anyone know if there is a way of just turning off the global address book for students so that they cannot find staff accounts by searching. I have already disabled the OWA instant messaging for students as this was causing issues.
Boredguy Posted December 4, 2013 Posted December 4, 2013 This blog -> Alumni Address Book Policy in Office 365 Education - Microsoft Education in the Cloud - Site Home - TechNet Blogs takes you though setting up a separate address list that you can assign to your students to separate them from the staff. We have done this and it works quite nicely. 1
tech-man Posted December 13, 2013 Posted December 13, 2013 I had the same issue - changed some settings in Directory Sync tool so it didnt sync the OU which contains the groups.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now