Arthur Posted November 7, 2013 Posted November 7, 2013 (edited) Better late than never! Source: Microsoft Office 365 Blog (via Ars Technica, TechCrunch) Collaboration just got easier: Real-time co-authoring now available in Office Web Apps A document is only as good as the people who contribute to it. So today, we're introducing a new way for people to collaborate on documents with Office Web Apps. Using real-time co-authoring, colleagues, friends and family can contribute and edit documents simultaneously in the Word Web App, PowerPoint Web App or Excel Web App. New real-time presence helps you see where your co-authors are working in the document so that you don't create conflicts as you edit. Additionally, the new ability to see changes to text and formatting as they happen will help you and your co-authors stay on the same page as your ideas develop and evolve. And because Office Web Apps now save as you go, your team's edits are included and seen as they happen. http://blogs.office.com/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Blogs-Components-WeblogFiles/00-00-00-00-78/3858.PPTWebApp_5F00_CoAuthoring_5F00_SharePoint.png http://blogs.office.com/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Blogs-Components-WeblogFiles/00-00-00-00-78/7750.WordWebApp_5F00_CoAuthoring_5F00_SharePoint.png http://blogs.office.com/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Blogs-Components-WeblogFiles/00-00-00-00-78/8688.ExcelWebApp_5F00_CoAuthoring_5F00_SharePoint.png Edited November 7, 2013 by Arthur
fiza Posted November 7, 2013 Posted November 7, 2013 (edited) I have been waiting for this since it was announced. As you say better late than never!!! @Arthur - No Thank You button otherwise I would have pressed it. Edited November 7, 2013 by fiza
CyberNerd Posted November 7, 2013 Posted November 7, 2013 That's only 6 years after Google !. Now to wait for the bugs to be ironed out....;
jamesb Posted November 7, 2013 Posted November 7, 2013 I'm confused. I'm sure I was using collaboration features in OWA on SharePoint a few years ago. Is this the O365 stuff instead?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now