penfold Posted October 16, 2013 Posted October 16, 2013 I'm trying to upgrade Veeam 6.5 to ver 7 but when I try and update the backup & Replica I get an error message "One or more legacy replicas are detected in configuration remove them manually and try again. " Apparently this is to do with a replica job being created on an earlier version than 6 but I thought all the jobs had been recreated on 6.5 anyway. How can I go about finding out which job I need to delete?
penfold Posted October 16, 2013 Author Posted October 16, 2013 I have found what looks like some old files with a .vrb extention in the datastore which no longer have jobs associated with them. Could this be where the error message is coming from? If so can I just delete them?
zag Posted October 16, 2013 Posted October 16, 2013 I just deleted all the jobs and ran them immediately. Felt safer that way
penfold Posted October 16, 2013 Author Posted October 16, 2013 That is 1 option, but some of our jobs take up to 6 hours and we are looking into splitting the load so I don't want to lose the jobs if I can help it. Another thing I have just noticed is that there is an old job by the looks of it sitting under the replica>Ready which I've tried to delete. However when I try it errors with "Backup console is not compatible with proxy..." The proxy has been updated on the server and I'm trying to update the version of Veeam to match which is causing problems:(
penfold Posted October 16, 2013 Author Posted October 16, 2013 OK, quick update. I was being a bit stupid and was trying to remove the replica files from disk which is the only option available when you select the files under Replicas. If you click on the Replica tab rather than what is underneath, it lists the replicas which then allows the option of removing from replica's. Looks like there were a few duplicate replica jobs there so I removed them all and it is now installing. I assume these duplicates were from an older installation which was causing the issue. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now