Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Apache passthrough AD group authentication


Recommended Posts

Posted

How do I get a 'passthrough' authentication to AD groups with apache - so that the browser does not a popup username/password box on windows clients ?

 

I've been using LDAP so far, it works but users get an extra hassle of adding their username and password.

 

       Options All ExecCGI -Indexes
       Order allow,deny
       Allow from all
       AuthLDAPAuthoritative on
       AuthType Basic
       AuthName "staff"
       AuthLDAPBindDN "cn=LDAP_BIND,cn=Users,dc=college,dc=internal"
       AuthLDAPBindPassword secret
       AuthLDAPURL ldap://server:389/dc=college,dc=internal?sAMAccountName?sub?(objectClass=*)
       AuthName "secure"
       require group cn=Staff,ou=staff,dc=college,dc=internal


Posted
a *nix server?

 

If *nix, kerberos, winbind and mod_auth_ntlm_winbind are your friends.

 

I'd been avoiding seting up winbind on this box, but the webmanager wanted smb access anyway

 

cheers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...