Andi Posted September 11, 2007 Posted September 11, 2007 I'm trying to get WDS configured in native mode to dish out XP images. Using the tips that are in the sticky I started to get somewhere but suddenly I'm getting our PXE thinstation loading when I F12. I have the Thinstation boot file in the reminst share, and have DHCP scope options set to show the "thinstation.nbi.zpxe" file as the bootfile name (Option 67). This was how I originally setup thinstation and it always worked fine alongside RIS. However now it looks like there is a clash between the two. What am I supposed to do? Is there any way of separating the two onto different servers/shares for example? I desperately need to get WDS working, but it needs to work alongside Thinstation for our terminal clients. PS Sorry for the double post, I posted this in the Windows forum by mistake earlier.
dperrott Posted October 29, 2008 Posted October 29, 2008 Hi, Don't know if this helps you, i've been playing with thinstation for a couple of weeks now, with RIS running side by side. we are only trialing it at the moment and as such this was the quickest way i could work out. The way i did it was to use the macaddress of the workstation and set up a dhcp a reservation with the thinstation image(thinstation.nbi) as option 67 within the reservation, leaving the scope options alone. i am also using the machines GUID to 'prestage' it in the domain and boot a specific boot rom from rom-o-matic using the remote install server setting. i couldn't get the thinstation boot rom to boot correctly for some reason. this could work as a long time solution if you are planning to roll out a specific number of workstations as thin clients. hope this helps dperrott 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now