Andi Posted September 11, 2007 Posted September 11, 2007 I'm trying to get WDS configured in native mode to dish out XP images. Using the tips that are in the sticky I started to get somewhere but suddenly I'm getting our PXE thinstation loading when I F12. I have the Thinstation boot file in the reminst share, and have DHCP scope options set to show the "thinstation.nbi.zpxe" file as the bootfile name (Option 67). This was how I originally setup thinstation and it always worked fine alongside RIS. However now it looks like there is a clash between the two. What am I supposed to do? Is there any way of separating the two onto different servers/shares for example? I desperately need to get WDS working, but it needs to work alongside Thinstation for our terminal clients.
SYNACK Posted December 14, 2007 Posted December 14, 2007 By the looks of it they both use PXE to boot, one easy way that you could do this depending on the amount of stations is by having reserved ip addresses for the thinstations then you can assign option 67 to the thinstation boot file and have all of the other stations using the default setting and hitting WDS.
tarquel Posted July 30, 2008 Posted July 30, 2008 If you have switches up to the task is having seperate vlan's... one for thinstation machines and the other for PXE booting to RIS/WDS for the normal "fat clients". Dont ask me how as i havent set it up, but i'm sure if u tell us what kind of layered network switches u have, we can come up with something Nath.
Geoff Posted July 30, 2008 Posted July 30, 2008 Another way is to setup a PXE boot menu. With a suitable timeout and default option (I'd imagine Thinstation would be the prefered default for most people). I briefly discussed how to do this here: http://www.edugeek.net/forums/windows/22409-even-possible-mutiple-pxes.html
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now