Geoff Posted September 5, 2013 Posted September 5, 2013 I have an Exchange 2k7 server. I've setup a second domain (tied to a website) as an accepted domain in the Hub Transport and updated the . I've also added a STMP email address to my test mailbox and can recieve email sent to this SMTP email address fine. Now I want to be able to send email from this address in Outlook. I've checked the 'Send As' options and can't see anything obvious. Any ideas?
EduTech Posted September 5, 2013 Posted September 5, 2013 I thought you just select the 'FROM' option within outlook, and providing you had access to that mailbox to send-as any of the SMTP Address (If not logged into that mailbox) it would work? Unless I'm mistaken! :-) James.
Geoff Posted September 5, 2013 Author Posted September 5, 2013 The 'From' only shows the primary email address and another unrelated email address for another IMAP/SMTP server setup. It does not let me choose the secondary SMTP address listed in the mailboxes Email Addresses.
EduTech Posted September 5, 2013 Posted September 5, 2013 The 'From' only shows the primary email address and another unrelated email address for another IMAP/SMTP server setup. It does not let me choose the secondary SMTP address listed in the mailboxes Email Addresses. You should just be able to type it in? Sorry I can't check my configuration in the lab at the moment [grrr] James.
Geoff Posted September 5, 2013 Author Posted September 5, 2013 Type it in where? On outlook 2010 it's a drop down.
EduTech Posted September 5, 2013 Posted September 5, 2013 Type it in where? On outlook 2010 it's a drop down. ah you see I am using 2013, I thought you selected 'other' and then just type it in? James.
Geoff Posted September 5, 2013 Author Posted September 5, 2013 Bounced. SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM: SIZE=6802: host mail.3dmg.co.uk [94.250.226.131]: 550 5.7.1 Client does not have permissions to send as this sender
Geoff Posted September 5, 2013 Author Posted September 5, 2013 Send as what account? The mail address is on the users own mailbox
EduTech Posted September 5, 2013 Posted September 5, 2013 Is NT Authority\SELF in the list? Works for me here.. James.
EduTech Posted September 5, 2013 Posted September 5, 2013 Hmm... Maybe I am missing something then but I thought that was the way you did or at least that is what I have done in the past. I have just checked Google which I imagine you have done anyway.. and that seems to say the same thing Exchangepedia | HOW TO: Send as alternate email address Maybe it's an Exchange 2007 thing... works fine in my lab but it's EXCH2010 / 2013 James.
Geoff Posted September 5, 2013 Author Posted September 5, 2013 Ok, as I originally pointed out this is for an entirely different domain to the primary email address on the mailbox. So primary is [email protected] and the secondary is [email protected]
EduTech Posted September 5, 2013 Posted September 5, 2013 Ok, as I originally pointed out this is for an entirely different domain to the primary email address on the mailbox. So primary is [email protected] and the secondary is [email protected] You say you have added it as a Accepted Domain, Is it an Authoritive Domain? How is your Send Connector Setup? James.
Geoff Posted September 5, 2013 Author Posted September 5, 2013 Yes it's authoritative. What do you want to know about the Send connector?
EduTech Posted September 5, 2013 Posted September 5, 2013 If it is an Authoritive domain it shouldn't be using the Send Connector then, I'm a bit confused to be honest with you as it should work... Do you have a copy of the FULL NDR... Does the NDR come from your local server? James.
Geoff Posted September 5, 2013 Author Posted September 5, 2013 Ok after a little more testing I think it's the POP3/IMAP account that's setup on the users outlook that's confusing the situation. If I do a clean outlook setup everything works. I only get the bounces on his outlook install.
EduTech Posted September 5, 2013 Posted September 5, 2013 Ok after a little more testing I think it's the POP3/IMAP account that's setup on the users outlook that's confusing the situation. If I do a clean outlook setup everything works. I only get the bounces on his outlook install. Cool! :-)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now