pughburt Posted August 27, 2013 Posted August 27, 2013 Hi All, This one has been annoying me for months now, I have scoured forums, support pages and unfortunatley absolutley ziltch on relevant information. Maybe someone on here will be able to help. Ill give you the scenario: We have 28 citrix servers running windows server 2003 all virtual and stored on the local disks on Proliant DL380s every morning about 3 randomly just stop responding on the citrix port. The server is still pingable and able to remote desktop is just decides to stop responding on the ICA listener. To resolve it currently I am having to do forced reboots in XenServer which will bring the port backup. Any help would be appreciated and if I can help with anything in return let me know really want to get this sorted now it's causing so much pain! kind regards Josh
CyberNerd Posted August 27, 2013 Posted August 27, 2013 I've seen similar things on Xenapp servers where the IMA service randomly breaks. First thing I do on a new farm is to set an overnight reboot policy which usually works around some of the vagueness of Citrix/Windows.
pughburt Posted August 27, 2013 Author Posted August 27, 2013 Hi CyberNerd, Thanks for the information, currently we have the overnight policy set up and a maintenance schedule but even this doesn't resolve the issue it is such a pain was going to call citrix about it but we only have 1 support call remaining and it doesn't seem to be big enough an issue to use it up.
CyberNerd Posted August 27, 2013 Posted August 27, 2013 Perhaps setting a policy or script to restart the IMA service might help, and set it to restart/reboot automatically when it's stopped. The nightly reboot helped fixed our issues (11 servers) but I probably get one still going down randomly once a week.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now