Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello all,

 

I switched from deploying my chrome updates via GPO to using SCCM. After I deployed the application several users are getting prompted with UAC each time they open chrome.

 

If the user clicks no on the UAC prompt the old version of chrome is launched.

 

When I enter the admin credentials the new version is launched and they are no longer prompted with UAC.

 

Any advice for redeploying this properly so users are not prompted?

 

Thank you,

Posted

I am using the enterprise MSI and I am deploying to the machine.

 

FN-GM are you using a package or application? I used an application.

 

This is only happening on some machines, I haven't found a pattern yet.

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

Hi all,

I’ve done some more testing since the next version came out and was able to reproduce the problem.

This issue happens if chrome tries to update while a user has the application open. To get around this I changed the program to a script install and created a batch file to kill chrome before calling the MSI.

 

I hope this helps someone else who gets this error.

 

Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...