MarcAlle Posted August 13, 2013 Posted August 13, 2013 We just moved home directories after a successful deployment to a different location. Ex: \\server\storage\homedir TO \\server\homedir Now the Library's path (my documents) is still set to the old path, even though their K drive (home directory) is updated. Is there any quick fix to update everything? This only applies if the user has logged into the machine before (we use sync center). If they are the first time logging in, then all is well. Any help/tips are appreciated!
round2it Posted August 13, 2013 Posted August 13, 2013 (edited) Are you using mandatory profiles. If so the link is within the desktop profile I change this using the windows 7 library tool. http://www.edugeek.net/forums/windows-7/95896-windows-7-librarys-set-network-drive-possible-via-tool-needs-adding-wiki.html After reading your post again So the library paths are set in the cached profile. Can you remove them or do you need to change the path in the cached profile Forgive me if I have the wrong end of the stick. It's been a hard day Edited August 13, 2013 by round2it
MarcAlle Posted August 13, 2013 Author Posted August 13, 2013 I'm not 100% sure of the term mandatory profiles. We do not use roaming profiles at all, just mapping a K drive to the home directory path. From the GPO, we have the folder redirection to My Documents to the user's home folder.
round2it Posted August 13, 2013 Posted August 13, 2013 This explains the library setup Libraries Under the Hood
MarcAlle Posted August 13, 2013 Author Posted August 13, 2013 Are you using mandatory profiles. If so the link is within the desktop profile I change this using the windows 7 library tool. http://www.edugeek.net/forums/windows-7/95896-windows-7-librarys-set-network-drive-possible-via-tool-needs-adding-wiki.html After reading your post again So the library paths are set in the cached profile. Can you remove them or do you need to change the path in the cached profile Forgive me if I have the wrong end of the stick. It's been a hard day I'd need the path changed in the profile I guess. We have a LOT of machines (2000+) so I'm looking for a way to do this easily without too much issue from staff and students. We also need their K drive to sync with the Sync center for at-home work.
MarcAlle Posted August 14, 2013 Author Posted August 14, 2013 Any other ideas? I just need the Librarys path and Sync Center to update.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now