Sheridan Posted August 2, 2013 Posted August 2, 2013 (edited) We've got Solidworks 2010/2011 here but without an active subscription so we're stuck at that version. I want to move the license server to new hardware but this is proving to be impossible. The instructions says that on the old license server you select Modify and then Transfer which sounds lovely and easy - except that I don't even get that! When I click Modify all I get is some dialogue box about the License File wizard, to create or edit some file called sw_d.lic? Has anyone else got any experience with solidworks and their awful license manager? Their website is next to useless as you have to pay for any useful KB's etc, and the instructions on there don't match the software! EDIT: You've got to love this obsession with activation! I finally managed to get the Transfer part working - but that failed! So now I have no license servers and can't activate them! Thanks a bunch solidworks! Edited August 2, 2013 by Sheridan
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now