Chufty Posted September 3, 2007 Posted September 3, 2007 I am implementing WDS to deploy Windows XP at my company. It's going well now after some arduous tweaking but I'm having one final problem. After using WDS to deploy an image, all files and folders on the target machine have lost their 'hidden' attribute. This is quite annoying as desktop.ini files show up in the start menu and desktop - including the startup folders, so they open up in notepad on startup. I get the feeling I shouldnt have to write scripts to hide all the desktop.ini files after deployment, I must be overlooking something. Can anyone help? Google seems to be failing me this time round. Thanks
robknowles Posted September 5, 2007 Posted September 5, 2007 I had the same problem but only with converting an existing RIS Setup into WIM Format. When creating WIM Files using the normal Windows PE Capture it worked fine. Never did find a solution for this either. Rob
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now