Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi,

 

Erm.... help plz.

 

Got a HP server in recently, quad Gbit NIC's, have bound two interfaces and have them connected to a Netgear GSM7224v1 L2 managed gigabit switch.

 

Also just got in a QNAP NAS, dual Gbit NICs, bound them, and connected into the same switch.

 

Both dual NICS are using Adaptive Transmit Load Balancing.

 

 

I'm transferring a load of disk images and backups from an oldish Buffalo Terastation (same switch) to the QNAP. Getting 11Mb/s transfer speed.

This seems slow to me so I figure the Buffalo's single NIC is not good. Fine.

 

If I transfer a GB of data from the HP to the QNAP I get the same speed.

This seems really slow to me. I reckon I should get about 100Mb/s ? with that setup ???

 

Whats causing such a slow transfer speed ??? Switch ports are all configured to 1000 Full Duplex. Haven't set up ports on the switch for dual NICs but I don't think I have to using adaptive load balancing. Frame sizes are different on each of the devices too, don't really want to play with this on the switch yet - live environment.

 

 

 

Cheers for your help in advance ; )

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...