Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a number of HP t5700 XPe clients that I am currently trying to set up. The idea is simple:

1. Configure hardware settings of client (e.g. screen resolution, etc.)

2. Join client to domain

3. Automatically log client on as 'citrix' user which has no start menu and only access to a single icon on the desktop which opens a desktop session on a Citrix server

 

I have a user which does this flawlessly on proepr XP clients but for some reason the desktop redirection isn't working on the XPe client.

 

I have also tried a different user with desktop redirection and this does not work either (start menu redirection DOES work though!). I have tried a couple of terminals too to check that (image version is 5.1.212).

 

The only error message about UserEnv in the event logs is:

Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for {c6dc5466-785a-11d2-84d0-00c04fb169f7} and it will not be loaded. This is most likely caused by a faulty registration.

 

Any ideas???

Posted

According to this, that GUID represents the Group Policy Client Side Extension for Application Management. I'm sure you found that out already though!

 

Is it possible to enable to verbose UserEnv logging on XPe? I guess you would have to do this in the image prior to loading it on to the box.

Posted

@ajbritton: I had indeed discovered that already but it is the ONLY warning in the event logs.

 

I have also tried running a GP Result from the GPMC but this fails (I'm guessing it is something to do with XPe being a cut down version of Windows). I'm not sure how to get verbose logging but if you want to explain I am happy to give it a go.

Posted
It gets stranger... it seems that domain users do not get the icons from the 'All Users' settings either but they do get icons from their local profile... as an interim measure I'm just going to drop the shortcut into here because I only have 10 (of which 7 need to be configured in this way).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...