ryan_powell Posted August 1, 2007 Posted August 1, 2007 Hi, I have a string that on an asp page that stores the forename, surname and year of a list of pupils; each bit is seperated by an _ and each individual person by a |. For example Bob_smith_7|john_jones_8. Using the split function I've seperated each person into an array: MyArray(0) = Bob_smith_7 MyArray(1) = john_jones_8. This bit works fine. However when I come to split forename, surname and year it up I get a subscript error. The code is basically doing a For Next Loop for Each person in the Array, splitting their details into a second array; MyArray2 = Split(Myarray(i)), and then printing the forename and surname on the page. If i do for example: response.write MyArray2(0) i get a subscript error. However if I do ---- For i = 0 to ubound(MyArray2) response.write MyArray2(i) Next --- This works. What's causing the error when I try and access an element in the array directly, but doesn't cause the error when being done in a For Next loop? Hope this all makes sense, and if you want to see the propper source code view the attached file. Many thanks. Ryansplit_error.txt
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now