macsit Posted March 5, 2013 Posted March 5, 2013 After a setup with DHCP on a newer server box, I got couple of clients show up on DHCP list and wanted to move 'em into the reservations list but...it wouldn't let me change to the specific ip address so I can group 'em of each classroom such as *.10 to .*19 for grade 1 to 4th and *.20 to *.29 for grade 5th to 8th. The main reason to do this is because I already have about 40 tightvnc saved files with their ip addresses in 'em for easy deployment. Make sense? Thanks in advanced!
ADMaster Posted March 6, 2013 Posted March 6, 2013 Bit of a pain, I would like to be able to modify the address field as well. When I need to make a reservation I just make the reservation like you did, copy out the mac, delete it, then add a new reservation manually. Like I said a pain. When I have a lot to do I use the command line. Export a list of leases, change the ip address to what you want. Then manipulate them in excel for the command line. Netsh commands for DHCP: Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP); Scripting
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now