mrwobbly Posted March 2, 2013 Posted March 2, 2013 I need to add 8 Windows 7 laptops to a server 2003 domain. My documents are currently redirected to a share and this is mapped to H drive on the computers. The H drive is present on the Windows 7 machines and correctly mapped to the users documents on the server. Opening documents on the start menu opens documents in the C:\ User folder instead of the H drive. I’ve installed RSAT. Do I just need to delete the existing GP that redirects my documents and set it up again?
ricki Posted March 3, 2013 Posted March 3, 2013 Change folder redirect to share path ie \\servername\users\%username% 1
mrwobbly Posted March 3, 2013 Author Posted March 3, 2013 I’ve just had a look and the redirect is \\server\Data%\staff\%username%\My Documents What’s odd is that the when I looked at the group policy in GPMC it only appears in group policy objects and is not linked to any sites, domains or OU’s.
ricki Posted March 3, 2013 Posted March 3, 2013 I have to link to the different ous depending if staff or differnt student intakes
ricki Posted March 4, 2013 Posted March 4, 2013 HI Dont forget when its working to hide the c drive from staff and students. Using Group Policy Objects to hide specified drives Richard
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now