Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have deployed the Macromedia suite of software [Dreamweaver 2004 MX etc] and I had thought that I had also deployed the licences with the software. This is not the case however.

 

The software runs OK for the domain administrator but asks to be registered for all other users. The entry for the licence is present in the Registry and permissions are set on the keys as you would expect them to be set.

 

I have tried updating from version 7.0 o 7.01 but this has not helped.

 

Affected software:

 

Macromedia Dreamweaver 2004 MX

Macromedia Fireworks 2004 MX

Macromedia Flash 2004 MX

 

Client operating system: Windows 7: SP1: 64 Bit.

 

Any ideas welcome.

 

Many thanks.

Posted

I think the licence key is in HKLM\Software\Macromedia\... [will have to check] but it is wherever the software 'wanted' to put it by default. Perhaps, as you seem to be suggesting this will give me the answer.

 

UAC is off [needed this to solve another network problem]

 

Thanks.

Posted

I have checked the location of the licence key information. it is in HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Macromedia\... so we know that this approach is not the answer.

 

More puzzling still is, upon further investigation, some stations are affected and some are not. Also some users are affected and some are not [this crosses students and staff]

 

If I logon at a station and find that Dreamweaver works for administrator I may find that it does not work for students or staff or it works for staff but not students etc.

 

But the software is deployed via the same batch file to a single OU. I don't understand why there is this inconsistency. As a test I have forced a station rebuild where the software was a problem [thinking that perhaps the configuration was somehow compromised] but that didn't help as Deamweaver etc still does not work at that station for students or staff.

 

Puzzling and frustrating!

Posted

Not sure if this helps, but the ReadMe.txt for our RM CC3 Studio MX 2004 package mentions that users need write access to the Fireworks, Flash and Dreamweaver folders, and that "%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Temp\*" needs to be set as Unrestricted in SRP (or AppLocker).

 

[b][u]Security Information[/u][/b]

[b]Folder[/b]
C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Macromedia Studio MX 2004 1.0\Fireworks MX 2004
C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Macromedia Studio MX 2004 1.0\Flash MX 2004
C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Macromedia Studio MX 2004 1.0\Dreamweaver MX 2004

[b]Group Name[/b]
Everyone

[b]Access Rights[/b]
Modify

 

Perhaps you could use the Standard User Analyzer in Microsoft's Application Compatibility Toolkit or Process Monitor to find out why some users are having issues?

  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...