Sheridan Posted June 4, 2014 Posted June 4, 2014 For my sins I need to deploy java across a limited (100 or so) PCs to allow use of camera. What an utter pain in the ass this is turning out to be! I've created a deployment.config file, which is copied to the user\appdata\locallow\java\deployment folder and contains: deployment.system.config=\\networkpath\deployment.properties deployment.system.config.mandatory=false So that should point to the network copy of the properties file, which contains: deployment.user.security.exception.sites=\\networkpath\exception.sites This in turn points to a text file listing sites that we want java to run on in the simple format: Http://192.168.150.1 Http://192.168.150.2 etc Everybody has access to these files, but the damn thing still pops up with the 'Application blocked by security settings' for the very site that is listed in the exceptions file! Is java now just a broken pointless POS, or am I doing something wrong here?
free780 Posted June 4, 2014 Posted June 4, 2014 We do a system deployment.properties files. So in c:\Windows\Sun\Java\Deployment there is: This is pushed out through GPP. Java being java we decided to do it on the local PC. Looks like you are missing the file\: in the deployment.config. deployment.config deployment.system.config.mandatory=true deployment.system.config=file\:c\:\\windows\\Sun\\Java\\Deployment\\deployment.properties deployment.properties #deployment.properties #Wed Feb 05 14:25:46 GMT 2014 deployment.modified.timestamp=1391610346221 deployment.version=7.21 deployment.cache.enabled=false deployment.browser.path=C\:\\Program Files (x86)\\Internet Explorer\\iexplore.exe #Java Deployment jre's #Wed Feb 05 14:25:46 GMT 2014 deployment.javaws.jre.0.registered=true deployment.javaws.jre.0.platform=1.7 deployment.javaws.jre.0.osname=Windows deployment.javaws.jre.0.path=C\:\\Program Files (x86)\\Java\\jre7\\bin\\javaw.exe deployment.javaws.jre.0.product=1.7.0_51 deployment.javaws.jre.0.osarch=x86 deployment.javaws.jre.0.location=http\://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se deployment.javaws.jre.0.enabled=true deployment.javaws.jre.0.args= deployment.expiration.check.enabled=false deployment.javaws.autodownload=NEVER deployment.javaws.autodownload.locked= deployment.user.security.exception.sites=c\:\\windows\\Sun\\Java\\Deployment\\exception.sites exception.sites https://someserver.com https://anotherjavaapp.com https://swisscheesejava.com 1
Sheridan Posted June 4, 2014 Author Posted June 4, 2014 I did check that, but according to Sun you only put the file:/ part in when referencing a local path? I'll give it a try though, won't do any harm!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now