+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Nvidia driver issue in Technical; Hi guys, Just managed to get a new viglen omnino built onto our CC3 network (Nice piece of kit at ...

Thank Post

Nvidia driver issue

Hi guys,

Just managed to get a new viglen omnino built onto our CC3 network (Nice piece of kit at a real reasonable price!). It contains a Nvidia 8400GS card to allow dual display. For love nor money can I get it to switch to the DVI port as primary, its set to VGA by deafult and I cannot find anywhere in forceware to change it.

The only time I can get DVI to work is if I connect a projector or second screen to it and clone the primary display. The only downside is that if we stick with the primary display to VGA, the secondary requires an adapter which sticks out further than the side of the casing!

Just a little grumble, but if anyone knows of a way to swapping the displays around theres virtual hob nobs for grabs and I might push to the chocolate ones!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,697 Times in 2,287 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Shouldn't this just be in display properties, select the second display and tick the 'extend desktop onto this display' box then click the use this moniter as default box after it has applied to change the primary in Windows (assuming XP given CC3).

Thank Post
    Hi Synack, thats not really what I want it to do, I wish the DVI port to be the primary output port on the card. It just shows no signal even from boot. There is no way in the windows settings or forceware to change that I can see.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,697 Times in 2,287 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by andyturpie View Post
    Hi Synack, thats not really what I want it to do, I wish the DVI port to be the primary output port on the card. It just shows no signal even from boot. There is no way in the windows settings or forceware to change that I can see.
    That is what that does but only for Windows, if the card is picking the VGA first under the BIOS then I don't think you can do anything to change that in BIOS/DOS short of just having a DVI moniter on the card. What is the scenario as it sounds quite confused?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 1,031 Posts
    In my experience all mobos i've used default to the vga on boot and once windows has booted then does whatever you have set in windows. You should be able right click on the desktop and then edit the settings from there dragging and dropping the screens to where they should be in the gui.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread