+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, RM Maths, Where in the box is the license key!? in Technical; I've just taken over coverage of a primary school running RM Maths. We've put in a new server and made ...
    Thank Post

RM Maths, Where in the box is the license key!?

I've just taken over coverage of a primary school running RM Maths.

We've put in a new server and made various AD and GP changes to get things on track. The problem I have however is the site has mountains of software half of which it never uses.

To this end the school have only just realised that RM Maths doesn't work and they need it for Monday AM for some special visit from some guest speaker/teacher.

I have the box (version 4.1, do NOT even go there) discs and manuals (after scrabbling around in the previous IT managers desk for hours) but no license key anywhere to be found, where would this normally be on the packaging? Am I missing the blatantly obvious?

I have to go to another site ASAP for other jobs so I can't hang around here all day calling RM and trying to get blood from a stone.

Cheers.

Thank Post
    To my knowledge RM maths doesnt have serial number...rm maths used to use the dongle.

I have installed RM Maths 4.1 a couple of times in the past, has asked me for a 'School ID'or something once the teachers program was run, you can enter any number you like for the school id, it still will run.

Thank Post
    I didn't think it had a license myself hence just reinstalling it without a worry. Now on finishing the install it's asking me for an 8 Digit code for the RM Maths Network Licensing!?

Thank Post
    Sorry, I have only installed it in a couple of schools as a standalone...and I can remember that it only asked for a school ID, which could be any set of numbers.

I can recall when you purchase RM maths for a network install, you get a license agreement with a license number. Maybe your school just purchased a standalone install?

Thank Post
    It was deffo a network install that they'd be using previously. The old "IT Manager" (aka just another teacher) had all sorts in his desk and I've been through the lot. I think he left a good year or two ago now so god only knows where it'll be.

Thanks anyway.

Thank Post
    Managed to get this activated now, apparently it's because I was remoted into the server and running the CD from my local machine (shared to the server).

You can run the CD on the server, run the setup and it gives you an option to repair/recheck the license, this has sorted it.

Thanks.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread