Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Geoff

Edu Supporters
  • Posts

    13,543
  • Joined

Everything posted by Geoff

  1. I'm trying to get my head round this and came up blank when searching. If I have two deployments for something, say an application, that targets two collections with different deployment settings but a device is in both collections which one 'wins'?
  2. Has the client upgraded on all the machines?
  3. The client needs Powershell 3.0 or better for this to work. Check the scripts.log on the affected client when it doesn't work.
  4. Ah ok that looks straight forward. For people from the future, I found a step by step guide. Update a device driver Configuration Manager 2012 – CCMEXEC.COM – Enterprise Mobility
  5. I've been using DPInst in SCCM to update drivers on my systems post OSD to a tested baseline. However dpinst.exe was removed from WDDK for Windows 10 1607. Does anyone know what I am supposed to be using instead?
  6. Did you enable PXE boot in the BIOS NIC settings? Did you tick all the power management settings and the 'Enable PMA' option in the advanced properties in the network card settings? Did you disable hibernate and fast boot? Are the WoL packets actually getting to the device?
  7. I see lots of horror stories on reddit about the XPS range. https://www.reddit.com/r/Dell/
  8. I have mine in as dependences in SCCM. So they get pulled in during application deployment.
  9. Ok, I have multi-site with a MPLS WAN and several DPs so having boundaries is already a thing for me. I would probably make a subnet per VPN type, Then create boundaries and throw them into the nearest boundary group. As the VPN would connect in at our main site that would be it.
  10. Ok. Thanks. Sounds like Direct Access would be a cleaner solution. Presumably I just have a boundary for my DA clients and away we go?
  11. I have a bunch of laptops and home users that I want to manage though SCCM. They sometimes come into the office but are usually just connected to the Internet and remote in via Citrix. Currently I have a SCCM site server and a bunch of Distribution Points running at my remote sites (connected over MPLS WAN). This all works fine internally. What's the best way of dealing with these Internet clients. Would a Distribution Point in the DMZ work, or do I need a secondary site server. What about an Azure Cloud management gateway. would that be better?
  12. I have used OrbTalk in the past too any they offer an excellent service. I found Gamma to be cheaper and not quite up to the same service level. You get what you pay for I suppose. YMMV
  13. Is all the excitement in the news about the changes Gove made warranted?
  14. This affects you if you have Win 10 1607 or Win 2016 servers and are using WSUS or SCCM for your windows update patching. KB4034658 will delete the update history client side and trigger a catalog download from your WSUS server. This may or may not break things depending on the number of clients you have and the spec of your WSUS system. More info here: More problems with Windows 10 1607/Server 2016 cumulative update Work arounds (IIS config) here: https://kickthatcomputer.wordpress.com/2017/08/13/wsus-sup-causes-high-cpu-and-clients-fail-updates-scan/ Microsoft is looking to push a hotfix in September.
  15. We are using Gamma, we've only had it a month but it's been fine so far.
  16. @localzuk I'd have to say, the performance issues along with the sparse selection of mods is really ruining the fun for me on this iteration of the server.
  17. If it was knock off Chinese copies of Cisco kit it probably worked better than the genuine stuff too.
  18. Ok, you'll need the following sections: About your school - Explain who you are, what you do, the usual fluff. You can probably lift something out of the school prospectus. Old Website - Tell them what you like / don't like about the current site. How much it is used. What it is used for. Some stats about traffic levels. New Website - What you want the new website to do. What features you need. Point to other school websites as examples too. Budget - Tell them how much money there is for this. If ongoing support is required. Also any further bugetary allocations that are likely in the years ahead. Look and Feel - Knock up some example pages in a graphics editor to show them what sort of look you are going for. You can also point to any other website to show them the style you are looking for. Technical - Nuts and bolts stuff you'll be familiar with. Who manages the DNS. What OS is the web server running. What software stack is being used. Any particular CMS requirements. will clients access the site via desktop, mobile or both? Marketing - Is any Digital or Traditional marketing required when the site launches? Any ongoing marketing requirements? Any SEO required? Social Media / Email Newsletters / etc?
  19. TY! I'll have escaped raptors before you know it!
  20. If ($deploymentType -ine 'Uninstall') { ##*=============================================== ##* PRE-INSTALLATION ##*=============================================== [string]$installPhase = 'Pre-Installation' ## Show Welcome Message, allow up to 3 deferrals, verify there is enough disk space to complete the install, and persist the prompt Show-InstallationWelcome -AllowDefer -DeferTimes 3 -CheckDiskSpace -PersistPrompt ## Show Progress Message (with the default message) Show-InstallationProgress ## Clean up and remove old VNC installs ## Old MSI Installs (Probably only on Newer Win10 Images) Remove-MSIApplications -Name 'UltraVNC' ## Old INNO Installs (Win7, Win10 LTSB Images) ## Parameters for INNO Uninstall are here: http://www.jrsoftware.org/ishelp/index.php?topic=uninstcmdline if (Test-Path "$envProgramFiles\uvnc bvba\UltraVnc\unins000.exe") { Execute-Process -Path "$envProgramFiles\uvnc bvba\UltraVnc\unins000.exe" -Parameters '/SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /NORESTART /SP-' } if (Test-Path "$envProgramFilesX86\uvnc bvba\UltraVnc\unins000.exe") { Execute-Process -Path "$envProgramFilesX86\uvnc bvba\UltraVnc\unins000.exe" -Parameters '/SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /NORESTART /SP-' } ##*=============================================== ##* INSTALLATION ##*=============================================== [string]$installPhase = 'Installation' #Check Architecture and install correct version of VNC MSI Switch ($is64Bit) { $True { Execute-MSI -Path 'UltraVnc_1212_X64.msi' } $False { Execute-MSI -Path 'UltraVnc_1212_x86.msi' } } ## TODO: Copy and register mirror driver (Make sure the uninstall is written too!) ## TODO: Copy screen recorder ## TODO: Copy Encryption Plugins ##*=============================================== ##* POST-INSTALLATION ##*=============================================== [string]$installPhase = 'Post-Installation' ## Stop UltraVNC service Stop-ServiceAndDependencies -Name 'uvnc_service' ## Copy UltraVNC.ini Switch ($is64Bit) { $True { Copy-File "$dirSupportFiles\ultravnc.ini" "$envProgramFiles\uvnc bvba\UltraVnc\" # Ammend Path for Arch Set-IniValue -FilePath "$envProgramFiles\uvnc bvba\UltraVnc\ultravnc.ini" -Section 'admin' -Key 'path' -Value "$envProgramFiles\uvnc bvba\UltraVNC" # Import AD groups Execute-Process -Path "$envProgramFiles\uvnc bvba\UltraVnc\MSLogonACL.exe" -Parameters "/i /o $dirSupportFiles\mslogin.txt" } $False { Copy-File "$dirSupportFiles\ultravnc.ini" "$envProgramFilesX86\uvnc bvba\UltraVnc\" # Ammend Path for Arch Set-IniValue -FilePath "$envProgramFilesX86\uvnc bvba\UltraVnc\ultravnc.ini" -Section 'admin' -Key 'path' -Value "$envProgramFilesX86\uvnc bvba\UltraVNC" # Import AD Groups Execute-Process -Path "$envProgramFilesX86\uvnc bvba\UltraVnc\MSLogonACL.exe" -Parameters "/i /o $dirSupportFiles\mslogin.txt" } } ## Start Ultra VNC service to pick up new settings Start-ServiceAndDependencies -Name 'uvnc_service' } ElseIf ($deploymentType -ieq 'Uninstall') { ##*=============================================== ##* PRE-UNINSTALLATION ##*=============================================== [string]$installPhase = 'Pre-Uninstallation' ## Show Welcome Message Show-InstallationWelcome ## Show Progress Message (with the default message) Show-InstallationProgress ##*=============================================== ##* UNINSTALLATION ##*=============================================== [string]$installPhase = 'Uninstallation' Remove-MSIApplications -Name 'UltraVNC' ## TODO: Uninstall mirror driver ##*=============================================== ##* POST-UNINSTALLATION ##*=============================================== [string]$installPhase = 'Post-Uninstallation' ## Clean up install folders so no old ultravnc.ini, mirror drivers or encryption plugins are on the machine Remove-Folder "$envProgramFiles\uvnc bvba" -ContinueOnError $True Remove-Folder "$envProgramFilesX86\uvnc bvba"-ContinueOnError $True } ##*=============================================== ##* END SCRIPT BODY ##*===============================================
  21. I logged onto this the other night. I am confused. Is there a newbie guide for this?
  22. What's worse are ships. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_impact_of_shipping What's even worse than ships is meat production. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enteric_fermentation
  23. Separate Mailbox database in Exchange for 'Users that have left'. We also archive with a cloud provider, Mimecast for 7 years.
×
×
  • Create New...