Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

engineer_z

Members
  • Posts

    41
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by engineer_z

  1. Hi there How can I call a .lnk file (shortcut of a bat file) inside a bat file. Regards
  2. where should I put this code
  3. Am trying to run the short cut of the bat file with admin properties. I don't know may the problem relate to the shortcut?
  4. Hi Am tring to a mount a network driver with the following in a bat file The problem is when I run the shortcut of the bat file, the a mounted network drive is not shown... So is there any way to show the hidden a mounted network drive. Regards
  5. Hi There Am trying to run a bat file as administrator, What am trying to use is when I tried to run the bat file, It asked me to enter a password.What I want to know is there a way to run the bat file as admin with out entering the password. Regards
  6. Hi There Am trying to install office 2013 and uninstall office 2010. What I did the msp, config and bat files. I tried to run the bat file with the following content: the bat file worked to install office 2013 silently, but the problem was with uninstalling office 2010 completely since office SharePoint Work Space and office 2010 tools still exist. So how would I remove office SharePoint Work Space and office 2010 tools silently. Regards
  7. No, I do not have license agreement with Microsoft
  8. Hi I need to install Microsoft office Professional Plus 2007 and office 2010 . I try in many sites but they need the serial key. regards
  9. Hi I there any way to make office 2013 as exe package using iexpress Regards
  10. I have found the following bat file to amount setup file : 1.For the first line, is the path realted to the root folfer that contains office 2013 with 32 bit? 2. Do I have to put echo off in the beggining?
  11. Hi Thanks for your feedback, actually in my work I need to do a mount point.I am still searching to find the solution.
  12. Hi there From the article you send it (Setup command-line options reference for Office 2013) I found the following: To install Office 2013, users can run Setup from the network installation point, or you can use the network installation point as a starting place to distribute Office 2013 by using a software deployment tool, such as Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager, or to create a hard-disk image or a custom DVD. As they wrote create hard disk image, this Why I said I need a batch file to mount the office setup files onto the computer as a deployment tool. Regards
  13. 1- For the content of batch file you put it ("\\ServerName\applications$\Office_2013\setup. exe" /adminfile "\\ServerName\applications$\Office_2013\configs\ba sic.msp" "C:\Windows\System32\cscript.exe" "%PROGRAMFILES%\Microsoft Office\Office15\OSPP.VBS" /act). Do I have just to insert it in txt file and save it as filename.bat. Furthermore, how can I update the bat file so when the user want to install office 2013, the office setup will abe amounted on the client Pc as local driver then install office 2013 then disconnect the local hardware. And how do I have to run the batch file. 2. Do you have some useful link to show how (free WPKG for package deployment) can be used to deploy office 2013 and should WPKG for package deployment installed on a server machine or client machine. 3. In summary, What I got it the process on my server is as the following : 3.1 After updating the files, I have to put all the files (basic.msp, config.xml and file.bat) into office_2013 folder. 3.2 Ran the batch file. 3.3 Use WPKG for package deployment. 3.4 Use the software package in step 3.3 as a link on my website so the employees in my college just click on the link and install it. 3.5 Do I have to do the steps of process on a server or home edition PC (normal PC) and if I can do it on normal PC, Do I have to change the server name in bat file to My PC name. Regards
  14. 1. Is this batch file responsible to do just the install for office 2013 and do I have to change on some variables name. 2. For SCCM, Can I run it on my home edition PC or it should be installed on A server. 3. Would you please illustrate the steps in detail for doing a setup application for office 2013 installation. Since, how can I use the msp, xml and bat files . I mean do I have to insert them in a folder and the batch file will run to do the office installation. 4. Is there a certain tool can be used to combile between msp, xml and bat files to deploy office 2013.
  15. Hi there I want the steps that are needed to deploy office 2013 and uninstall office 2010, since what I need to do is to put a link on the website and allow the staff in my college to just click on it to uninstall the office 2010 " old version" and install new version office 2013. I did the OCT step and save the msd file in the update folder , then I have updated the config.xml file to do the silent uninstall of office 2010 and silent install of office 2013 with the following content: I need a batch file to do the following: 1. amount the office 2013 setup on the client PC when he click on the website link. 2. uninstall office 2010 silently. 3. install office 2013 silently. and I want to ask if I have the msd, xml and bat file, what is the next step to deploy office 2013 so I can put it as a website link.Is there a certain configuration tool to do that. and I'd like to know if I can use SCCM 2012 to deploy office 2013. If the answer is yes, then how can I use the set of my files (msd file, xml file and bat files) with in SCCM 2012. Is there any usefull link to show me the steps of deploying office 2013. Regards
×
×
  • Create New...