- Read more...
- 0 comments
- 349 views
-
Posts
2,258 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Blog Entries posted by wesleyw
-
Currently looking into writing a seek assistance program as the only software packages that seem to do it cost the earth and I have to admit AB tutor and IntelliAdmin do everything else I need. Little button on the systray with options to send an immediate message to the server console, a create helpdesk ticket (we're using GLPI so emailing the root entity is all thats needed here) I've done a few clever little bits with the basic form for them to fill in, much easier than the helpdesk creation page which will hopefully mean that the staff will be more inclined to use it. Depending on how it goes I might even look into creating a program to control the computers remotely, logging events such as internet usage and the like (just to keep my hand in) AB Tutor and IntelliAdmin do this and very cheaply so ti's not as if I'm saving a lot of money with this however it would be an interesting project to complete. Printing Control is another area I'm looking at and having read a few things over the last few days it's certainly not an easy thing to write could be good though. PaperCut NG is very good and cheap we use this currently and I doubt whether anything I could write would be as polished in a short amount of time.
