Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Lipjam

Members
  • Posts

    22
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Blog Entries posted by Lipjam

  1. Lipjam
    I have been told by one of our resellers that the Department of Education has not yet signed the new select agreement for schools so as a result schools will not be able to avail of select pricing once the contracts signed by schools under the (now defunct) Becta agreement expires. This doesn't surprise me... another victim of this Government's cutbacks. Looks like there could be another incompetency shambles in the making... Anyone heard anything about this?
  2. Lipjam
    I am using SLG trying to consolodate my SLG account with my AD account but when I try i get the following:
     
     
    Consolidate user accounts failed.
    General access denied error
     
    I wanted to know what permission are on anybody's AD account: adp.addbaccess has so I can verify ours has what it should. If anyone has any other suggestions they would be welcome. Even if you don't thanks for taking the time to read this!

  3. Lipjam
    Can anyone help with this. I cannot run adp service because of it. Capita say it is because the "ConnectionSettings.xml" is missing from "C:\Program Files\SIMS\ADPClient\ChangeTracking" but the file is there. I'm not sure what it should contain maybe someone could paste the contents of theirs for a comparison (see contents below). This has only happened since the summer 2010 update.
    Thanks in advance.
    - <EncryptedData Type="http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#Element" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#">
    <EncryptionMethod Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#aes256-cbc" />
    - <KeyInfo xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#">
    - <EncryptedKey xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#">
    <EncryptionMethod Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#rsa-1_5" />
    - <KeyInfo xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#">
    <KeyName>connectionStringKey</KeyName>
    </KeyInfo>
    - <CipherData>
    <CipherValue>REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS</CipherValue>
    </CipherData>
    </EncryptedKey>
    </KeyInfo>
    - <CipherData>
    <CipherValue>REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS</CipherValue>
    </CipherData>
    </EncryptedData>
×
×
  • Create New...