Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

dhorowitz

Members
  • Posts

    44
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by dhorowitz

  1. Alright, now we're getting a bit farther in the program's startup procedure. It gets past initializing, then to "Starting up plugin/scripting support" then crashes, rather than crashing right away as it has been done before. Anything else to check?
  2. I've tried that...I've given Domain Users full control of those locations, even tried giving them full control of the application data folder on their server side mandatory profile and it still did the same thing.
  3. Have any of you successfully gotten the new versions of Photoshop to launch properly when logged into a machine as a student user account? It works fine when logged in as administrator, but when I log in as a student to the same workstation, the application generates the generic Windows application crash message, so it seems to be based on permissions, however I can't seem to find a document that states what to give rights to. Adobe wants to charge for support since it's a volume license we own.
  4. I have nothing in my sysprep file yet, just the default stuff Windows puts in it.
  5. Yes, total PITA if you are dealing with creating an image for a school district with 6000+ systems. I can't have to boot every one into safe mode first. Any other ideas?
  6. Alright, I have found the copy of Sysprep, however after completing the Sysprep (with generalize box checked) and uploading the image I had created with Ghost, Windows tells me that "Windows could not finish configuring the system. To attempt resume configuration, restart the computer." I restart the computer and I get the same thing. Good thing I took an unprepped image before I created my Sysprepped one. Anyone see this before or can tell me where I can see the logs and possibly look at whats causing this error?
  7. Steve, which Sysprep did you use?
  8. I'm trying to create an image for deployment, not for hardware failure.
  9. Has anyone had any experience creating Ghost images with Windows 7 and your applications - IE, MS Office, ActivInspire, etc? What's the best tool to use? Do you have to follow the MS guide going through the Audit mode, etc?
  10. All the machines already have Movie Maker, it is not a new install...
  11. I don't see this key at all in any of my workstations' registries, do you have to add the entire setting or should HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live\Movie Maker be there already?
  12. What version of Windows Movie Maker should that be? All our workstations have version 5.1.
  13. Does anyone know of a work-around for Windows Movie Maker that will allow it to properly save to network home directories?
  14. I'm trying to come up with a solution for 5 or 6 visually impaired students who would benefit from having a profile or GPO attached to their user objects with a large mouse pointer with contrast, larger icons and larger text. Anyone have any suggestions on the best/easiest way to do this with mandatory profiles? These kids are in 4 different schools and each of the schools' profiles are different (the software that high school students use is different than elementary).
  15. I removed the quotation marks around the T and it worked the way I want it to.
  16. I added the /i switch to the if statement and it is not skipping to the loadsoft section if the condition is met. I just tested on a PC where the condition is met, and it just ran through the beginning and it tells me that the PC doesn't get the update (which is just there for testing purposes).
  17. This is what I have so far. It's still going through the install process when the if condition is not satisfied. set letter3=%computername:~2,1% if %letter3% equ "T" goto loadsoft echo PC not need update exit pause :loadsoft msiexec /i "\\uufsd\district\pushed\district\activinspire\driver.msi" /qn msiexec /i "\\uufsd\district\pushed\district\activinspire\activinspire.msi" /qn
  18. dhorowitz

    Script help

    I'm trying to create a batch script to push out 2 MSI packages. I've got the install part of the script written, but the third character of our computer naming scheme indicates whether or not I want the install to proceed. Anyone know how to read the 3rd character of the %computername% variable?
×
×
  • Create New...