Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

visualman

Members
  • Posts

    36
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by visualman

  1. In junior classrooms we often set up a repeating flat screen via a VGA splitter box.This enables a partially sighted pupil to see in close up what is on the IWB. Is it possible for a laptop to receive a signal from a splitter box? This would reduce the need for both a laptop and a flat screen to be placed on the table for the pupil. They could see the IWB and then use their laptop with a large font to record their work.
  2. visualman

    Images

    Thanks guys. I have now unlocked admin but this damn lappy still wont run my XP disc. Just blue screens. Frustrating.
  3. visualman

    Images

    ha ha. I am coming over for tonights show. Can you leave it out, or a copy? Will it run from a limited account?
  4. visualman

    Images

    I will try the bios route, thanks. It's not connected to a domain. These were laptops set up by the authority with their image. I am trying to save money by reusing them elsewhere but not using the county image. I have to install specialist software for blind kids. The software will only run on a clean XP install. County are saying "you can't do that, go buy new ones" Crazy when perfectly good machines are sitting here unused and unusable. My probl;em seems to be the lack of access to admin account to make significant changes. I need a backdoor entry here.
  5. visualman

    Images

    The HDD are SATA. I haven't got the lappy in front of me so can't confirm error msg. I had no idea about the sata driver. I simply ran the XP after changing the boot order and half way through the installing drivers etc page it goes to blue screen. I now know it has a county image installed and a hidden admin account to which I don't have pass word.
  6. visualman

    Images

    I have been asked to reinstall XP onto surplus Dell Inspirons once used by the local authority. They have the local authority image and no admin account. I have tried but failed install XP. It blue screens. If I give them to county IT dept I will only get a "no" regarding a new image. Does anyone know how to get around the image and install a basic XP?
  7. Dell latitude 600 with vga splitter to whiteboard and second screen for visually impaired pupil. Will run all 3 screens from FN/F8 when not connected to network. As soon as teacher logs into network the FN/F8 toggle fails. System works ok on a toshiba laptop again not newtworked. I have tried a second dell with similar results.
  8. visualman

    rebuild

    You guys are on the ball! Is it always as helpful as this? Laserblazer, what or who are SCL?
  9. visualman

    rebuild

    yep they look a bargain. I would like to explore the rebuild route though. The boss wants me to rebuild not buy new.
  10. visualman

    rebuild

    This is the first time I have used edugeeks and I am impressed by the speedy responses. thanks guys. I have about £120 to spend. The existing power is only 300w, small hd and the mobo is a p2. The ta's will be running Office with some associated braille software plus some fairly basic graphics kit.
  11. visualman

    rebuild

    Any suggestions for mobo bundles to bebuild a pc to be used by teaching assistants in support office.
×
×
  • Create New...