millerr Posted September 13, 2012 Posted September 13, 2012 Hello, I am looking to use the Local Users and Groups preference under computer config in a gpo item. Windows 7 clients, some XP (with CSE installed already)... What is happening is that the Local Admin group is updates one time, but further changes made to the membership in the gpo are not seen by the clients, even after a gpupdate /force on their end Any insight will be helpful Thanks!
ADMaster Posted September 13, 2012 Posted September 13, 2012 What is the Action set to, it should be on Update or Replace. If it is on create, and the group exists it will not do anything, there is also a check box on the common tab that says apply only once. I have not used gpp for users and groups yet, but this is how it works for printers, in my experience.
millerr Posted September 13, 2012 Author Posted September 13, 2012 Thanks for the reply. It doesn't look like that box is checked and I have the setting to update... Very weird in my opinion... Not sure what the issue is ...
millerr Posted September 17, 2012 Author Posted September 17, 2012 For anyone interested, I resolved this issue by NOT including the builtin Administrator in the policy. This fixed it. I did a modeling report and narrowed down the code.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now