SimpleSi Posted June 14, 2007 Posted June 14, 2007 I've got a belkin kvm at home and recently has to plug in a PC with no PS2 sockets for mice or keyboard! Are they any devices that anyone actually uses (bought one 2 years ago - didn't work) to connect PS2 mice/keyboards to USB only PCs regards Simon
Geoff Posted June 14, 2007 Posted June 14, 2007 The PS/2 -> USB adaptors are device specific and usually come with the device. If you didn't get one with the device, tough cookies.
plexer Posted June 14, 2007 Posted June 14, 2007 I use a 4 port belkin kvm here with a ps/2 usb converter plugged into a poweredge SC430 that only has usb sockets. It works. Sometimes it goes screwy and the mouse goes all over the place. I've just bought an 8 port belkin pro kvm that has usb and ps/2. Ben
SimpleSi Posted June 14, 2007 Author Posted June 14, 2007 @plexer Can you remember what make it is/where you got it from regards Simon
enjay Posted June 14, 2007 Posted June 14, 2007 You can get y-cables which take 2x PS2 into 1x USB, useful for plugging full-size keyboards and mice into laptops; you could use two of those.
alonebfg Posted June 15, 2007 Posted June 15, 2007 here you go http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/106560 I use them all the time. I know that maplin do them as well but a bit more expensive. I would never buy this item from ebay as postage would just add to much. i only paid a fiver and if you order something else and total value is ov about £30 get free dilevery.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now