ADMaster Posted July 2, 2012 Posted July 2, 2012 Hello all, I currently have Moodle 2.2 installed and configured to use LDAP authentication to Active Directory and it is working fine. I recently changed the settings to use ldap over ssl so users could change their passwords via Moodle, that is now working. If a user has a password that will expire soon they get a warning and are able to change it, however if the users password has already expired they cannot login to change it. Any solutions to this within moodle, or will Shibboleth handle this situation? Thank you,
FN-GM Posted July 2, 2012 Posted July 2, 2012 (edited) Glad you posted this, i have the same question . Edited July 2, 2012 by FN-GM
FN-GM Posted July 2, 2012 Posted July 2, 2012 (edited) Just done a little digging on this, it seems its a "bug" in moodle see here - [#MDL-28585] LDAP Auth does'nt handle password expiration [W/Fix] - Moodle Tracker It has been marked as Critical and it has had recent activity so i hope they get it sorted Edited July 2, 2012 by FN-GM
ADMaster Posted July 3, 2012 Author Posted July 3, 2012 That is interesting, I just updated to 2.3 to see if the but was resolved in that version, and it is not. However having Moodle notify people of expiring passwords is more than I had before and should stop some of the helpdesk calls. I guess the question is can shibboleth or another free SSO do this and would it be worth setting up? Thanks,
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now