X-13 Posted March 8, 2012 Posted March 8, 2012 (edited) Hey look, another work related thread in general! This is going to be one of the weirder requests, but does anyone have a Minecraft account I can borrow to test the client on our network? One of our deputy-heads [Who is in charge of our ARP] wants to use Minecraft as a reward for one of the pupils. But before I install it, I need to test whether on not it'll actually connect to their servers. Also, if anyone has any e-safety concerns about this, let me know. Edited March 8, 2012 by X-13
mthomas08 Posted March 8, 2012 Posted March 8, 2012 I am glad some one brought this up, we too are considering this one day a part of a games club we used to run. Was useful as you said as a "Reward" and encouraged students to behave. We managed to get a copy from the students H drive and is pretty easy to create a basic server etc. Not sure what the legal issues surrounding it though but for us it will not connect through our service provider to the minecraft servers. BUT there are work arounds again not sure about the legal issues about that. Health and safety wise I have not had complaints from staff other than "Students playing during lessons".
X-13 Posted March 8, 2012 Author Posted March 8, 2012 (edited) We were looking at MinecraftEdu but at the moment we can't really afford it. Apparently, this pupil [it's only for one...] already has a Minecraft account and really likes it. We're also talking about setting up a Minecraft club. [Our head was looking at some of the Minecraft t-shirts they sell for the club as well.] On the topic of playing during lesson, and not coming off, I was thinking of a script to stop it from running during certain times [only at break, lunch, before/after school]. With forced logoff [and account disable] at the time when they're not allowed on it. With account enable when they can. [special Minecraft account.] In places where it's a reward, which could be given at any time, I was thinking about something to force logoff after a certain length of time. Edited March 8, 2012 by X-13
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now