Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello All,

 

Im try to create a list of members attached to a certain distribution list. Ive stumbled across a VBS script but cant get it to work, I wonder if anyone can see where I am going wrong?

 

Dim objDistList, objExcel, ExcelRow, strUser, strDistListName, strOU

 

strDistListName = InputBox("Enter the name of the Distribution List" _

& " who's members you wish to export.", "Distribution List Export")

 

If len(trim(strDistListName)) = 0 Then

Wscript.Quit

End If

 

Set objDistList = GetObject("LDAP://cn=" & strDistListName _

& ",ou=Distribution Lists,dc=hwood,dc=local")

 

Set objExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")

With objExcel

.SheetsInNewWorkbook = 1

.Workbooks.Add

.Visible = True

.Worksheets.Item(1).Name = mid(objDistList.Name, _

instr(1,objDistList.Name,"=") + 1 )

ExcelRow=1

 

For Each strUser in objDistList.Member

Set objUser = GetObject("LDAP://" & strUser)

.Cells(ExcelRow,1) = objUser.CN

.Cells(ExcelRow,2) = objUser.mail

ExcelRow=ExcelRow + 1

 

Next

 

.Columns(1).entirecolumn.autofit

.Columns(2).entirecolumn.autofit

 

End With

 

Set objExcel = Nothing

Set objDistList = Nothing

Wscript.Quit

 

The responce I get is:

 

Windows Script Host

---------------------------

Script: C:\Documents and Settings\hadmin\Desktop\exporter.vbs

Line: 10

Char: 1

Error: There is no such object on the server.

Code: 80072030

Source: (null)

 

I hope someone can help?

 

Cheers,

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...