dgsmith Posted October 11, 2011 Posted October 11, 2011 Besides eBay(!), are there any companies/suppliers that either specialise in, or hold decent stock of individual refurbished/open-box components (HDDs, RAM, PSUs etc)? Whilst I know of several "refurbishers" (in the sense of refurbished whole hardware), I don't know of many (any) who offer a component service (specifically with warranty and the ability for invoice payment).
featured_spectre Posted October 11, 2011 Posted October 11, 2011 Some companies hold open box components, not many hold refurbished stuff.
Dos_Box Posted October 11, 2011 Posted October 11, 2011 ICT Direct are the people you want to talk too. By refurbished I take it you mean second user, as IT equipment is never 'refurbished' as such, just faulty parts replaced and scratched/broken cases swapped for new ones. Give them a bell, they're very friendly and many on here can vouch for them: ICT Direct - distributors of branded refurbished computer hardware to UK schools and colleges.
dgsmith Posted October 11, 2011 Author Posted October 11, 2011 Aye we have used John for quite a number of things, mainly fully-blown hardware though (printers, monitors, desktops). I note their site no longer seems to have an area showing 2nd-user components now though so wasn't sure if they still held stock! @nephilim; Yup I meant rather 2nd user and know the likes of BT Business and Misco do these, which I check often, but finding hard drives in particular is hard!
Dos_Box Posted October 11, 2011 Posted October 11, 2011 I was there last week and they still have LOTS of components. You just have to ring them. I guess they have too many to keep putting on their site on a regular basis now.
Millgate Posted October 11, 2011 Posted October 11, 2011 We do open boxed and refurb kit. Stock varies obviously. Let me know what you're after Cheers
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now