ZeroHour Posted September 28, 2011 Author Posted September 28, 2011 The ONLY two things that keep me using FF are: Pinnable App Tabs and the ability to sync my bookmarks to every PC I use/rebuild Get Xmarks, its free and cross browser sync too, I love it and use it every day along with lastpass. Chrome and IE9 have taskbar pinning as well.
sted Posted September 29, 2011 Posted September 29, 2011 The ONLY two things that keep me using FF are: Pinnable App Tabs and the ability to sync my bookmarks to every PC I use/rebuild When sync dosent throw up unspecified errors
CyberNerd Posted October 3, 2011 Posted October 3, 2011 (edited) An Excellent review can be found here:http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/firefox-7-web-browser,3037.htmlIn the closest conclusion this series has ever seen, Mozilla is finally able to take the crown, earning its first Web Browser Grand Prix championship with Firefox 7. Although Firefox has two fewer wins than Chrome 14, Mozilla's browser manages to earn three more strong finishes than Chrome, which we consider sealing the deal, if by only a hair.Enjoy it while you can Firefox fans; Google doesn't like to play second fiddle for very long. In fact, we wouldn't be one bit surprised if a "minor" update that happens to contain a performance game-changer is pushed to Chrome within days (or hours) of this publication.Chrome 14 obviously places second; no surprise there. The big surprise is our third-place finisher. It's not Internet Explorer 9! Rather, Opera finally breaks out of fourth place and grabs the bronze medal. IE9 simply lost too many times, allowing Opera and its "minor" .01 update to swoop in for the kill.Alas, Safari places last yet again. Safari for Windows, that is. If Web Browser Grand Prix VI: Firefox 6, Chrome 13, Mac OS X Lion taught us anything, it's that the rules of physics, common sense, and everything else you hold dear don't apply on Apple's own OS X platform. Over there, Safari is still king.There you have it folks, another Web Browser Grand Prix in the bag. Stay tuned to Tom's Hardware for more. We have a few special twists up our sleeves for Web Browser Grand Prix 8 and beyond. Edited October 3, 2011 by CyberNerd
SYNACK Posted October 3, 2011 Posted October 3, 2011 An Excellent review can be found here:Web Browser Grand Prix 7: Firefox 7, Chrome 14, Opera 11.51 : Web Browser Grand Prix 7 Excellently biased it gives FF the win for memory efficiency
CyberNerd Posted October 3, 2011 Posted October 3, 2011 Excellently biased it gives FF the win for memory efficiency It's hardly biased towards Firefox. Tomshardware have done loads of browser reviews in the past and other browsers do win; Web Browser Grand Prix 3: IE9 Enters The Race : Introduction Web Browser Grand Prix: The Top Five, Tested And Ranked : Introduction Web Browser Grand Prix 2: The Top 5 Tested And Ranked : Introduction Web Browser Grand Prix 2: Running The Linux Circuit : Introduction Web Browser Grand Prix 4: Firefox 4 Goes Final : Introduction Web Browser Grand Prix 5: Opera 11.50, Firefox 5, And Chrome 12 : The Web Browser Grand Prix, Part 5 Web Browser Grand Prix VI: Firefox 6, Chrome 13, Mac OS X Lion : Crowning A Web-Browsing King In Windows 7 And OS X Fixing Memory issues was the thing that everyone slated FF6 for afterall
mthomas08 Posted October 4, 2011 Posted October 4, 2011 Bit too early for a review? Although I am always open to FF vs IE, I stick to IE for its basic compatibility and the "If its not broke dont fix it". At home I use FF much more but if FF was the default browser on a Windows installation for the next 5 years would we get more security updates I do hate the updates and no doubt there but then again any product widely used gets targetted. Remember flash 5 years ago - i remember hardly ever seeing the word security, now within the last year or so I see a lot of updates and security flaws popping up. So to me I wouldnt mind ever using it at home but for work I would always choose IE. I will add though FF7 feels much better and I dont think its crashed once for me yet.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now