Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have 59 Dell 780 machines all freshly cloned from one image which are having problems with KB2539631 .net 2.0 update. The machines have downloaded the update from WSUS and now when I restart the machine I get "installing update 1 of 1" "do not turn off your machine" and it stays like this. So far for 6 hours. I have checked Microsoft support website and they recommend a fixit solution 50123. The only way to get one of the machines out of the "installing updates" state was to force a shutdown and start. Then when I try to run fixit 50123 it says another install is currently running (I am assuming this is KB2539631) as I forced a restart. Is there any way out of this? I have gone into WSUS and unapproved the update but I think it is too late for the machines that have already downloaded it.

 

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted

found this

 

Windows Update Keeps asking to install KB2539631

Mr Lucky posted on Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:35 PM

 

Same thing for me nothing posted on Microsoft? It shows that its

installed but keeps trying to install over and over again! Pretty

aggravating.

 

Removal tool to fix .NET Framework install failures - Aaron ...

blogs.msdn.com =E2=80=BA Aaron Stebner's WebLog - Cached

Removal tool to fix .NET Framework install failures. Rate This.

Aaron ...

Freeware Home - Free Software Downloads

Posted

You should try a system restore to before the attempt to install.

Also locally on the machines you can reset the wu store which should clear the attempt to reinstall.

Stop the service Automatic updates and rename the folder c:\windows\softwaredistribution then start automatic updates again and open cmd as an admin and run wuauclt /ResetAuthorization /DetectNow

This should force the machine to check wsus fresh.

Posted

Thanks ZeroHour - I will try the reset wu store first before I try the cleanup tool as I dont want to uninstall all .nets unless I have to.

 

Will update this thread once ive done it tomorrow.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...