enjay Posted August 30, 2011 Posted August 30, 2011 Installing for the (sort of) first time here, and seeing some problems. I started this a few weeks back, but didn't manage to finish it before going on leave for a few weeks. Coming back in today, I couldn't remember exactly how far I'd got, so decided it best to remove everything and start over. Everything goes well until 4:31 into the installation video, as I don't have "Authorization Rules" as an option to click on. I decided to press on anyway, and now get the below message when clicking on MIME Types (I know this didn't happen before). You'll note I'm working from a folder called "remote" not "extranet" as I wanted to be sure of using a fresh version; I can go back to "extranet" if it is particular about the name. Pressing on regardless again (remembering that .xap was already listed first time round anyway), I finish but when I try to browse the site I get the below error screen after entering user credentials. Any help gratefully received...
enjay Posted September 1, 2011 Author Posted September 1, 2011 Okay, some progress here. I managed to clear the Mime Types error (above) by deleting the relevant line from the web.config file, and it seems happy again now. I also had a look at the ASP.Net Authorization Rules section in the hope this shed some light on why I can't see the IIS Authorization Rules. I noted it contained a Deny - All Users - Local rule as well as the Allow - All Users - Inherited rule, which seemed odd. Deleting that deny rule meant that when I next tried to browse to http://localhost/remote, I again got the password check, then it thought about it for a few seconds before returning the below error message. Any ideas?
nickbro Posted September 1, 2011 Posted September 1, 2011 that error is a general COM error, try restarting the server
enjay Posted September 2, 2011 Author Posted September 2, 2011 Thanks Nick, restart scheduled for tonight and I'll try it again on Monday (assuming I get a moment to myself on the first day back!)
enjay Posted September 5, 2011 Author Posted September 5, 2011 Hi Nick, the problem remains even after a server restart. What else could I try?
nickbro Posted September 5, 2011 Posted September 5, 2011 It's an AD issue that error code, is there any pos of waiting for HAP+ v7?
enjay Posted September 6, 2011 Author Posted September 6, 2011 It's an AD issue that error code, is there any pos of waiting for HAP+ v7? Depends on the release date...
nickbro Posted September 6, 2011 Posted September 6, 2011 What is your current AD Connection String (see web.config) What user are you using?
enjay Posted September 6, 2011 Author Posted September 6, 2011 Is there nothing you can offer for me in the interim with regards to the error I'm getting? If not, I can hold out until the end of the month (this is a free product with free support, after all, so I can't be too ungrateful!) - feel free to use us as a live trial site, if you want; happy to start seeing a slightly flakey version if it means we can have it sooner.
enjay Posted September 7, 2011 Author Posted September 7, 2011 What is your current AD Connection String (see web.config) Looking at that, I see a double dot near the start and a double comma later on - is that my issue? User wise, generally using my named domain admin account, although have also tried pupil and teacher logons.
enjay Posted September 8, 2011 Author Posted September 8, 2011 Silly question, but how do people access this from the outside world? Do I just create a subdomain such as http://remote.schoolname.co.uk and then point that to our router's public IP address on DNS? What port forwarding do I need on our router?
nickbro Posted September 8, 2011 Posted September 8, 2011 Basically, or get county to do it. Port forward port 443 (HTTPS).
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now