MikeAtTrs Posted August 9, 2011 Posted August 9, 2011 Hi, I was wondering if someone could spot what I'm doing wrong. I am trying to import Mail Contacts (users with external email addresses) into an OU in our AD. The OU exists and I have others there. On the command line, in Exchange 2010, I can type the following and it works fine : [PS] C:\etc \etc>New-MailContact -Name "Some Person" -ExternalEmailAddress spersonATaddress.co.uk -OrganizationalUnit "brcc.local/BRCC/WsgflAccounts" …and I get: [PS] C:\etc\etc>New-MailContact -Name "Some Person" -ExternalEmailAddress sperso nATaddress.co.uk -OrganizationalUnit "brcc.local/BRCC/WsgflAccounts" Name Alias RecipientType ---- ----- ------------- Some Person SomePerson MailContact I then remove this contact and try to add it through the next stage. That’s fine for one or 2, but for 200 or so, I need a bulk import. I've read numerous Google results and so I tried this: Import-CSV "c:\files\test.csv" | ForEach-Object { New-MailContact -Indentity $_.Name -ExternalEmailAddress $_.ExternalAddress -OrganizationalUnit $_.orgu } …the csv looks like this: Name,ExternalAddress,orgu Some Person,spersonATjspc.co.uk,brcc.local/BRCC/WsgflAccounts …but then I get this error: A positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument 'Some Person'. + CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: ( [New-MailContact], ParameterBindingException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PositionalParameterNotFound,New-MailContact Even adding double quotes to Some Person and the OU position didn't make any difference. I have obviously missed something, but can't, for the life of me, work out what..:-( Thanks for any tips.....
sukh Posted August 9, 2011 Posted August 9, 2011 Try something like the below Import-CSV c:\testimport1.csv | ForEach-Object { New-MailContact -Name $_."DisplayName" -DisplayName $_."DisplayName" -ExternalEmailAddress $_."EmailAddress" -LastName $_."LastName" -FirstName $_."FirstName" -OrganizationalUnit $_."CN=Email,DC=domain,DC=com" }
MikeAtTrs Posted August 10, 2011 Author Posted August 10, 2011 Hi sukh, Thanks for your input, but I'm not sure about your section on the end = '-OrganizationalUnit $_."CN=Email,DC=domain,DC=com" '. Is that the column heading or the format of the column? - the OU where I'd like the contact is 'OU=ContactAccounts,OU=staff,DC=site,DC=com' or the canonicalName is 'site.com/staff/ContactAccounts'. If 'cn' is required of the OU, the properties within 'ADSI edit' are .
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now