mbrunt Posted July 20, 2011 Posted July 20, 2011 Hi all, I'm getting this error when I image a computer that already has been imaged.... Litetouch has encountered an environment error (boot into winpe) Any idea how I can beat this, as obviously I will at some point have to image a computer more than once... I think its to do with files left behind by previous image. Thanks
SYNACK Posted July 20, 2011 Posted July 20, 2011 If it is left over files you can boot into the command prompt and use "diskpart" then "select disk 0" then "clean" to completely wipe the drive. This will allow you to see if it is to do with stuff left on the hard drive. If so it is probably to do with incomplete cleanup task at the end of the build. It is probably the c:\MININT and the c:\windows\system32\sysprep\Panther and another Panther folder floating around somewhere.
mbrunt Posted July 20, 2011 Author Posted July 20, 2011 Thanks synack, how do i get into the command prompt from mdt?
Chuckster Posted July 20, 2011 Posted July 20, 2011 ^That's correct. Also, you might want to look for _SMSTasksequence (not sure of the exact foldername) on the root of your C drive and delete it if you're not able to do the Diskpart. You can usually invoke command prompt the minute you boot into your MDT Boot Image by hitting F8.
SYNACK Posted July 20, 2011 Posted July 20, 2011 There is an option right after you pick the language that lets you choose to either run a deployment task or run command prompt. If it does not get that far you can also setup MDT to build a plain image without all the deployment stuff by going into the distribution point's properties and somewhere in there is a checkbox to also build a clean WinPE image with all the drivers but none of the extra scripting stuff. After this is generated add the WIM into WDS and you can boot it right to a fresh command prompt which can be really handy.
SYNACK Posted July 20, 2011 Posted July 20, 2011 ^That's correct. Also, you might want to look for _SMSTasksequence (not sure of the exact foldername) on the root of your C drive and delete it if you're not able to do the Diskpart. You can usually invoke command prompt the minute you boot into your MDT Boot Image by hitting F8. Thanks, I knew there was one I was missing.
mbrunt Posted July 20, 2011 Author Posted July 20, 2011 There is an option right after you pick the language that lets you choose to either run a deployment task or run command prompt. The only option I have when booting are to set a computer name, everything else has been automated. So I don't think there'd be a way to get into a command prompt. I'll try the F8. To be honest though it would be better if this didnt have to happen in the first place, and the MDT cleaned itself up at the end. Is there something I can do to make it do this properly?
SYNACK Posted July 20, 2011 Posted July 20, 2011 The only option I have when booting are to set a computer name, everything else has been automated. So I don't think there'd be a way to get into a command prompt. I'll try the F8. To be honest though it would be better if this didnt have to happen in the first place, and the MDT cleaned itself up at the end. Is there something I can do to make it do this properly? It generally does, it just depends on if the last little bit of cleanup faults out or not. You could write a machine startup script applied by GPO to check if the folders exist and if they do delete them.
Chuckster Posted July 20, 2011 Posted July 20, 2011 You would need to delete MININT and _SMSTaskSequence, but only after the build has completed. I'd recommend you create a run command line at the end of your MDT task sequence. If you incorporate it into a GPO as a startup script, what you will find is, it will screw up your rebuilds. Normally once the rebuild has completed MDT removes the folders but leaves behind the MININT folder that contains 4 files that are, I believe, DLL.
mbrunt Posted July 21, 2011 Author Posted July 21, 2011 so how can i tell mdt to remove the files if its still using it as part of the end part though...
Nope Posted July 22, 2011 Posted July 22, 2011 Same Error happened to me awhile ago i couldnt ever find a fix :|
mbrunt Posted July 22, 2011 Author Posted July 22, 2011 Nope, so what do you do then if you want to image a computer more than once...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now