edutech4schools Posted June 23, 2011 Posted June 23, 2011 I have moved and setup DHCP on my new 2008R2 server but cant un-authorize DHCP on the 2003 server. When I right click on unauthorize I get the error 'The parameter is incorrect' Cheers
RobBaxter Posted June 23, 2011 Posted June 23, 2011 I would simply remove the DHCP Role from your 2003 DC, once removed, it "should" fall out no issue. IF you are creating psudo-static addresses tho with longer lease times... it might get a bit evil, but with any lucky your 2008 R2 DHCP allready had replicated the DHCP cache data. *fingures crossed!*
edutech4schools Posted June 23, 2011 Author Posted June 23, 2011 Just found that if I un-auth using the following method it worked. Open DHCP. In the console tree, click DHCP. On the Action menu, click Manage authorized servers. The Manage Authorized Servers dialog box appears. In Authorized DHCP servers, select the server you want to unauthorize. Click Unauthorize.
RobBaxter Posted June 23, 2011 Posted June 23, 2011 n1 @edutech4schools my solution was a little "extream", but i'm under the opinion if it doesn't work or isn't needed, burn the git!
ccp Posted June 23, 2011 Posted June 23, 2011 I have always used the method edutech4schools has just found and I have to say it works first time, every time.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now