Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

We have a couple of servers with 2 nics but only one is currently used. I am planning to use both to ease a bottleneck and want to team/bridge them.

 

Host OS is server 2003. I know I will need to bridge the connection in the OS and the result will be 1 IP. Do I need to trunk the switch ports too?

 

JayEmm

Posted
It depends on your switches and your network cards, you will need to find out what cards you have and then figure out what teaming utilities are avalible. If you have hp servers you can use the HP NIC teaming utility and set it up in either way. If your switches support LACP trunking then you can enable this giving you teaming and redundancy with 2GB up/2GB down as opposed to a non smart switch implmentation which will give you 2GB /1GB instead.
Posted

If you don't know what cards are in your server, do you know the make and model of your server?

 

If its HP, IBM etc...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...