grahamd22 Posted January 31, 2011 Posted January 31, 2011 Was trying to backup moodle but the route \\server\moodlebackup was not seen as a correct route, what do I need to do to get a happy face?
FN-GM Posted January 31, 2011 Posted January 31, 2011 We used to backup the whole install. Backup all the moodle files including moodle data. Then use a SQL dump script to download the database. This used to be done automatically every night in Backup Exec
grahamd22 Posted January 31, 2011 Author Posted January 31, 2011 What was the SQL dump script to download the database? sounds intriguing as I'm very familiar with SQL, so some guidance on how to run it would be appreciated (little bit cheeky)
FN-GM Posted January 31, 2011 Posted January 31, 2011 Are you using Microsoft SQL or MySQL? so some guidance on how to run it would be appreciated (little bit cheeky) Cheeky, not at all
grahamd22 Posted February 1, 2011 Author Posted February 1, 2011 I think I've cracked the mysqldump command by not running it on MySQL Command Line client but windows dos command line and going to mysqldump.exe directory and typing this: mysqldump -uroot -p moodle > "C:\Temp\MoodleBackup.sql" hit enter and it asks for the root password once thats done it will return back to the root of mysqldump, then I checked the Temp dir and its there ! Now how do I go about restoring should I need to or put it on another server instead of the same machine?
FN-GM Posted February 1, 2011 Posted February 1, 2011 I think I've cracked the mysqldump command by not running it on MySQL Command Line client but windows dos command line and going to mysqldump.exe directory and typing this: mysqldump -uroot -p moodle > "C:\Temp\MoodleBackup.sql" hit enter and it asks for the root password once thats done it will return back to the root of mysqldump, then I checked the Temp dir and its there ! Now how do I go about restoring should I need to or put it on another server instead of the same machine? Thats it. You can save it as a batch file and specify the username and password so it can be automated. Well you can restore it where ever you like really. I use the MySQL GUI tools to restore it as its quicker than the command line for me. As i only need to use it every now and then.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now