FatBoy Posted October 11, 2010 Posted October 11, 2010 Hi all, I have a strange problem with one of my virtual servers. Its installed on a 2008R2 core server running Hyper V and when opening the server from the Hyper-V Manager I can only see about quarter of the screen (See attached). I can't expand the screen size and the session captures my mouse (having to press crtl+alt+left cross to release), all other servers installed work fine and the mouse doesn't get captured to the screen but works. I can't see any settings on this problem server that are different to the others (5 other Virtual servers work fine!) Under file settings it says integration services are installed so I don't think that is the problem. It bound to be a silly little setting somewhere thats causing it but I can't find it can anyone help? Thanks FB
sted Posted October 11, 2010 Posted October 11, 2010 i think its been used on a screen with a higher res and the last user set it to say 1280x1024 and you screen is 800x600 say if you log in and change the res all should be well 1
FatBoy Posted October 11, 2010 Author Posted October 11, 2010 Right I managed to login and change the res so I can see the whole screen now but the mouse still captures within the session having to press crtl+alt+left cross to release (Which it doesn't on the other VM's, you can just use the mouse within the window without capturing). It wouldn't be a massive problem but once the mouse is captured it disappears on the screen and you can't see it until you release with crtl+alt+left cross how do you disable this setting?
sted Posted October 11, 2010 Posted October 11, 2010 do you need to reinstall the intergtation tools?
RabbieBurns Posted October 11, 2010 Posted October 11, 2010 I just enable RDP and just use that to manage my virtual servers in Hyper V. Its a lot easier, and copy+paste works, which doesnt when you are just working in console view.
FatBoy Posted October 11, 2010 Author Posted October 11, 2010 Yeah I'll have to do that just strange it doesn't happen on the other servers
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now